Basic Computer skill
Basic PC Operating System
Basic Internet browsing skill
Basic IP addressing knowledge
DURATION : 3 MONTHS
DELIVERY METHOD: (Week-end and part-time workshops )
The CCNA curriculum, course consist of ICND1 and ICND2 content in its entirety, with the content merged into a single course. Overlapping content between ICND1 and ICND2 is eliminated and content is rearranged for the purpose of the course flow. This course teaches learners how to identify cisco networking devices , install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, identifying basic security threats, understanding redundant topologies, troubleshooting common network issues, connecting to a WAN, configuring EIGRP and OSPF in both IPv4 and IPv6, understanding wide-area network technologies, and getting familiar with device management and Cisco licensing.
Introducing IP Data Networking
- Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as routers, switches, bridges and hubs
- Select the components required to meet a given network specification
- Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Identify the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect Cisco network devices to other network devices and hosts in a LAN
LAN Switching Technologies
- Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches
- Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them
- Configure and test VLANs
- Configure and verify Trunking on Cisco switches
- Configure and verify PVSTP operation
IP Addressing (ipv4/ipv6)
- Describe the operation and necessity of using private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing
- Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment
- Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4
IP Routing Technologies
|1. Describe basic routing concepts
2. Configure and verify operation status of a device interface
3. Verify router configuration and network connectivity using
4. Configure and verify routing configuration for a static or default route given specific routing requirements
5. Configure and verify InterVLAN routing (Router on a stick)
6. Configure and verify EIGRP (single AS)
IP Services and Network Device Security
- Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router).
- Describe the types, features, and applications of ACLs.
- Configure and verify NAT for given network requirements
- Describe and configure syslog and SNMP.
- Configure and verify network device security features.
- Configure and verify ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router.
- Troubleshoot and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and hosts configurations
- Troubleshoot and resolve spanning tree operation issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve routing and switching issues